Friday, January 29, 2010

Wedding Things



I know - just seeing the title of this post may make some people hit the "back" button because weddings are a source of deep bitterness and anxiety, and trust me, I've been there too - but I am having so much fun with everything!! My mom, Joyce and I (and sometimes Grammy) are having a great time traveling everywhere! It seems like every weekend we are getting together to do something to complete wedding plans. I guess I want to communicate how incredibly lucky and blessed I am.


Starting the planning process was incredibly stressful. I could not find a venue that was beautiful and affordable. I was afraid I would end up getting married in some old warehouse serving Chick-fil-A platters (no hard feelings towards them because they do have wonderful food) - but this is my wedding day and of course I want everything to be perfect and beautiful and for everyone involved to have a great time! It has been amazing to see how everything has been orchestrated without ever having to lift a finger! The Mimslyn Inn is perfect. I am so excited to spend an entire weekend with my family (new and old!), friends and most importantly, my new husband.



I couldn't be more grateful for those closest to me who have been so generous in their contributions. Bobbi and Meme helped me pay for the photographer! I was so stunned and speechless when they wanted to do this that I don't think I gave them a good enough "thank you". And Joyce has been so wonderful throughout the whole process, she has tagged along on all of the outings and even wants to help with a portion of the wedding! I am so lucky to have such wonderful future In-laws that only want us to be happy. Finally, how could I forget my wonderful Mama. I think she is way more excited for this event than I am! She is a researcher and her research has paid off well. She found the Mimslyn, and even a baker that will make a wedding cheesecake (neither Brian nor myself like cake).



I love to brag about the great people that surround me and Brian daily. Even Alisa (one of my bridesmaids) said to me "I don't really know how to be a bridesmaid because I've never done it before, but I'm going to go find out!"
I wish I could express how appreciative I am of everyone! Please understand that you are loved more than you know!!

3 comments:

  1. This is the most beautiful blog I've ever read! Although the words are so sweet, I keep going back to the pictures of the invites- I LOVE them!!!! And I love the glass hurricane... you are so talented :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful... your attitude, the invitations, the vase... everything is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete