Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"It's Been a Long Night and I Am Weary"



I think many of us can relate to how this tree is feeling. It has tried so hard to stand up straight and be strong and fight against the weight it has been given daily. But finally, it just said, I'm tired, and it's OK to stop fighting now.

My heart is broken and very weary. Our friend, spiritual father, relationship advisor and teacher has decided to join with the tree and realize that it's OK to stop fighting the long battle he has bravely fought. As I sit at my desk, reading through everyone's memories, accomplishments and healing because of my mentor, I can't help but be so proud that I knew this man and knew him outside of the high school and pastoral realm.

I have never been more excited for the month of November to approach. I am marrying my best friend in November and my Dear Friend is the reason we are able to celebrate a wedding on that day. Brian and I have reached "the end" of our relationship on a couple of occasions. But before we actually decided to break things off, we decided to go see Our Friend to gain wisdom and insight. He saved our relationship - he believed in us when we didn't believe in us.

How I wish I could see him at the end of the aisle when I walk down to meet my groom. How I wish we could enjoy learning about married life from this great man. How I wish for so much more after he has already given so much. I love you so much. I am so grateful for your support, love, revelation, life, and most of all teaching us how to be sons and daughters and how to be Fathered.

A greater man I will never know.




2 comments:

  1. Ken and Mary Lou were mentors to my wife and me also. I just saw this and now I'm crying. he was a rare and wonderful man of God. (Jason Bohn 2017)

    ReplyDelete