Friday, November 13, 2009

La Grange Winery, Haymarket, VA

My new favorite place to go to and just relax and enjoy the beauty outside is at La Grange. I seriously want to live there and sleep in the barrels of grapes, like a real Italian. It is so peaceful and everything is very slow paced there, which is so different from about 5 miles down the road when you hit Route 29! The Vineyard has a beautiful plant tunnel in the back with romantic lights all over it and you can sit at one of the many tables on the land and just enjoy time with friends and a bottle of Viognier! Check out how fun and great this place is:


This day that we went was just after they harvested and they had maybe 20 HUGE bins of grapes everywhere!


Unfortunately, you have to burn some calories by climbing these stairs before you actually make it inside!

Here's the tunnel I was telling you about


The tunnel has a pathway that connects from the house to this great barn out back

While you are noticing this beautiful scenic picture, please also notice the man passed out in the lawn chair! Haha!




Thank you so much for checking out my pictures! I hope you all have a wonderful and SUNSHINEY weekend!

4 comments:

  1. What an awesome set of pics! I love the ones with the grapes--very artistic, especially since I love wine. Where can I get a print copy?
    Keep up the good work, we are proud of you.

    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristyn, I seriously want to put up a collage of all these photos in my house...I think the winery pics would look really great in my kitchen! Don't ever doubt your talent...you are incredibly gifted and had I known how GOOD you were, I would've had you photograph our wedding instead of the 'oh, beautiful family' dude! I love you so much...you are a beautiful person!!

    Love, Seester

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMANDA! I said the same thing! I wanted her to do a whole grape/wine theme because I thought she was AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last picture is my favorite -- i love the shadows.

    ReplyDelete